Author Topic: No Welcome SMS when connected to Network  (Read 8170 times)

AjKHAOS

• View Profile
No Welcome SMS when connected to Network
« on: April 18, 2017, 03:47:16 PM »
Hi there,

I am able to successfully to connect to my YatesBTS network however I don't receive a welcome SMS nor am I able to call David.

I have checked the Wiki and can't see anything. Can anyone offer advice ?

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No Welcome SMS when connected to Network
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 01:18:52 AM »
Hi,

You are using NIB mode, I suppose. That number might not be routed anymore.
Did you set subscribers with msisdn or using regexp? The SMS is sent only when using regexp authentication, and only the first time you registered to the network.

More valid tests would be:
- sms to eliza
- register another phone and make call between the two phones

AjKHAOS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 10:18:08 AM »
Hi thanks again for the reply.

Yes I am using Regex to accept all IMSIs to my network by using the expresion ^.* so I am unsure why the text won't set.

Yes nib is being used.

I have tried to text Eliza but the message doesn't send.

I will test with another phone to the network, thank you.

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 01:12:10 AM »
Please post a telnet log with "sniffer on", "debug mbts level 10", "debug ybts level 10" of the registration and of you sending an SMS to eliza and wait a few seconds after sending the SMSs to see what yatebts is trying to do.

Also to double check nib is running post result of telnet command "javascript info".

AjKHAOS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 02:18:48 PM »
Hi Monica,

Please see below. I really don't know why this won't send to Eliza or call David so any help you have is greately appreciated.

I have attached a log to this post, please let me know if you require any more info.

AjKHAOS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 02:24:04 PM »
Please post a telnet log with "sniffer on", "debug mbts level 10", "debug ybts level 10" of the registration and of you sending an SMS to eliza and wait a few seconds after sending the SMSs to see what yatebts is trying to do.

Also to double check nib is running post result of telnet command "javascript info".

Hi Monica,

Here is the result of javascript info

javascript info
nib = /usr/local/share/yate/scripts/nib.js
eliza = /usr/local/share/yate/scripts/eliza.js

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 01:48:15 AM »
Hi,

I see a succesfull GSM registration and a GPRS attach. The call.route that can't be routed is for a gprs attach.
You didn't try a SMS/call, or they didn't reach the bts.

Also the:
2017-04-20_21:10:24.424450 <ybts/ps/5:MILD> Call rejected error='noroute' reason='No route to call target' [0x7fcd84002be0]
2017-04-20_21:10:24.424461 <ybts/ps/5:INFO> Connection continuing locally in mbts

is normal when using local breakout. You don't have any other option in public version.

You won't receive any sms if that imsi was previosly registered, log will be kept for a few weeks and it will not try to send sms again even if you try to close the phone and register again. Send sms to eliza number from the phone you managed to register. 

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 04:31:04 AM »
Hi,

Calling David should play an IVR to you. It is implemented in welcome.js. If you don't hear it, it might be a configuration problem or you are missing the file. Post your javascript.conf file

AjKHAOS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 05:16:46 AM »
Hi Monica,

Many thanks again for your replies and I will keep the issues to this one thread instead.

First some notes from your post:
"You didn't try a SMS/call, or they didn't reach the bts."
I did, on multiple occasions whilst the debug was running.

2nd. 
"You won't receive any sms if that imsi was previosly registered, log will be kept for a few weeks and it will not try to send sms again even if you try to close the phone and register again. Send sms to eliza number from the phone you managed to register.  "
All Messages to Eliza fail too. So I can connect to the network but I can not even text Eliza .

With regards to calling David, that does not work either. When I place a call and press call, there is no response tone at all.

With regards to the JavaScript.conf file, I am currently in work, I will post it when I get home. Welcome.js is in the JavaScript.conf file if my memory serves me correctly but give me a few hours to get this info for you.

So just to go over my issues

I can connect to my BTS network
But then I can't text Eliza nor can I call David.

Thank you for all your help so far, I am appreciative of your suggestions as I can't seem to find support anywhere else for the issues I am having.

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 02:27:11 AM »
Post your javascript.conf file, ybts.conf  and yate log with "debug mbts level 10", "sniffer on", "debug ybts level 10"

Yatebts should see something, at least on mbts level. The previous log didn't show anything.