Author Topic: Unable to connect yate to SIP server (Grandstream ucm6208)  (Read 6193 times)

anindya

• View Profile
Unable to connect yate to SIP server (Grandstream ucm6208)
« on: November 15, 2017, 06:45:43 AM »
Hello,

I am trying to connect yate NiPC to grandstream IP PBX (Asterisk based) . I am getting 404 error. I have attached the pcap file in this post .. please take a look guys, I want to make outbound and inbound calls. I just have one more queiry i.e what must be the username and password for sip configuration in yatebts. Maybe I am doing this wrong so please tell me if this will be the username and password of the sip server or not.

Thanks
Anindya

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to connect yate to SIP server (Grandstream ucm6208)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 03:19:03 AM »
Hi.

Did you configure the NiPC  Outbound connection? Please check the status of the registration:
Telnet to yate console and type "status accfile". If outbound connection is up you shoud see: outbound=set_username in below line

yate-sdr@ybts-UNCONFIG> status accfile
name=accfile,type=misc;users=2;outbound=1291121

anindya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 04:41:44 AM »
Hello, 

I have made some progress from this but not completely successful ... Yes I did get the trunk registered in peer as well as registered mode but the problem is I am unable to set routes from inside the Yate network to the PBX server.

I have edited the regexroute.conf file to enter  a route (which might be wrong)

^.*$=sip/sip:\910501664@192.168.2.1:5060

910501664 is the local Yate number from which I am trying to call to the PBX numbers .. Calls from the PBX to the Yate numbers is successful.. Please help me with this.

Thanks
Anindya

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 04:59:02 AM by anindya »

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 02:35:38 AM »
If the Outbound connection is up, then all calls that can't be routed inside the network (defined subscribers phone numbers - msisdns  or their short numbers) will be routed to the outbound connection.

The regexroute is wrong. You should not need to define anything in regexroute to get calls to go to the outbound connection.

Can you post a log with "sniffer on" and "debug sip level 9" from telnet?
http://docs.yate.ro/wiki/Debugging_and,_or_Investigation_of_messages

anindya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 12:55:35 AM »
Actually, I am not using defined users. I am using  " .* "  in the regex to allow users to connect to the box and they automatically get numbers assigned to them. Can you please tell me how do I define the outbound rule if should not use the regexroute. Moreover, I am getting 405 "METHOD NOT ALLOWED"  errors.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:06:30 AM by anindya »

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 02:40:52 AM »
The routing is done automatically in the nipc.js script. Regexroute is not involved at all. You leave registration with regexp (that is also done in the nipc script), and don't modify anything in the regexroute.

If the outbund connection is set and it's connected, then calls that can't be routed inside will automatically go to them. If you set in regexroute to route all calls outside, it's normal not to be able to route anything to the registered users.

Post an archive with all you configuration files and a yate log with sniffer and debug on as instructed in the previos post. Just a single screenshot doesn't help.