Author Topic: New Transceiver doesn't work with non-rfblade devices  (Read 6311 times)

SugarCakes

• View Profile
New Transceiver doesn't work with non-rfblade devices
« on: August 30, 2015, 06:00:31 PM »
I know that officially only the Rfblade is supported.

However the "package" currently available for download has Transceiver 52M which works with Ettus equipment.

This has been removed in the SVN which means even when setting ./transceiver-uhd devices such as the Ettus N210 do not work.

Could this be looked into?

HiHello

• View Profile
What version of Yate and YateBTS works with non-rfblade devices as the USRP1 ?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 09:04:21 PM »
Hello,

What version of Yate and YateBTS works with non-rfblade devices becuase I am having the followng problems:

Yate 5.5.1 & YateBTS 4.0.2-1

I downloaded this package, http://yate.null.ro/tarballs/yatebts4/yate-bts-4.0.2-1.tar.gz, and when I attempt to install it, I get the following:

sudo make install
g++ -Wall   -I. -O2  -Wno-overloaded-virtual  -fno-exceptions -fPIC -DHAVE_GCC_FORMAT_CHECK -DHAVE_BLOCK_RETURN -I/usr/local/include/yate  -Wl,--retain-symbols-file,/dev/null -rdynamic -shared -Wl,--unresolved-symbols=ignore-in-shared-libs -o ybts.yate  ybts.cpp -lyategsm -lyate
ybts.cpp: In function ‘int {anonymous}::decodeRP(const TelEngine::String&, uint8_t&, uint8_t&, TelEngine::String*, TelEngine::String*, TelEngine::String*, TelEngine::String*, TelEngine::String*, TelEngine::String*, TelEngine::String*, TelEngine::String*)’:
ybts.cpp:2205:2: error: ‘decodeGSM7Bit’ is not a member of ‘TelEngine::GSML3Codec’
ybts.cpp: In function ‘void {anonymous}::decodeMsg(TelEngine::GSML3Codec&, uint8_t*, unsigned int, TelEngine::XmlElement*&, TelEngine::String&)’:
ybts.cpp:2813:52: error: ‘s_errorsDict’ is not a member of ‘TelEngine::GSML3Codec’
ybts.cpp: In function ‘bool {anonymous}::encodeMsg(TelEngine::GSML3Codec&, const {anonymous}::YBTSMessage&, TelEngine::DataBlock&, TelEngine::String&)’:
ybts.cpp:2882:52: error: ‘s_errorsDict’ is not a member of ‘TelEngine::GSML3Codec’
ybts.cpp: In member function ‘bool {anonymous}::YBTSDriver::handleMsgExecute(TelEngine::Message&, const TelEngine::String&)’:
ybts.cpp:8274:2: error: ‘encodeGSM7Bit’ is not a member of ‘TelEngine::GSML3Codec’
make: *** [ybts.yate] Error 1

Are we to use http://yate.null.ro/tarballs/yate4/yate-4.2.0-1.tar.gz with http://yate.null.ro/tarballs/yatebts4/yate-bts-4.0.2-1.tar.gz ?

Any assistance will greatly be appreciated! ;-)

Ioana Stanciu

• View Profile
Re: New Transceiver doesn't work with non-rfblade devices
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 01:29:33 AM »
Hi,

You have a mismatch between the Yate version and the YateBTS version. In newer versions of Yate, yategsm.h and libyategsm ware renamed to yateradio.h and libyateradio.

So if you want to use YateBTS 4.0.2, i would recommend using the release of Yate from the same day (it's Yate 5.4.2).
The latest YateBTS (5.0) version also uses the old transceiver and works with the latest Yate release.

If you want the SVN, the latest SVN revision that has the old transceiver is rev. 503.