Author Topic: What to purchase  (Read 8442 times)

MCSI

• View Profile
What to purchase
« on: November 24, 2015, 10:07:51 PM »
Hi guys I've tried emailing Yate team and I didn't get not even one respond after sending almost 3 emails, but since yate seems the best over OpenBTS I'm forced to still choose yate even if I don't get support, I'm just wondering if I will ever get support after purchasing yate product(s).

Well I'm not there all I would like you guys to help me since yate didn't help me is to clear some things out for me about yate because when I visit their site I find lots of things separated and they are billed on its own so my question is: for a starting up cellular network company that is looking to have some few base stations in different communities and use other currently existing cellular network (competitor) infrastructure to supply with our service to our customers, the question is based on these yate products (YateBTS, YateUCN, etc) which one do we have to purchase to meet our requirement?

If this require us to purchase many different products please list all because we are new to yate, OpenBTS was a bit easy even to purchase seems easy not confusing as yate.

Your feed back will be highly appreciated.

MCSI

• View Profile
Re: What to purchase
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 02:38:11 AM »
 :( I guess we are just on our own

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 02:57:17 AM »
Hi,

Before deciding what to buy you need to be able to answer some questions about the network topology and what are the network nodes from the network you interact with and the interfaces they offer. You will probably need to buy multiple SatSites and at least one YateUCN. The SatSites will send all calls/registration/sms requests to the YateUCN equipment using the SIP protocol. YateUCN has MAP/Diameter support and will forward the calls/registration and other requests using standard protocols to a HSS/HLR and other network nodes depending on the request.

The above is a typical solution to extend a network, when you already have a HSS/HLR to store your subscribers.

See the schema from this page to get a better understanding of the network topology and the protocols supported by YateUCN:
http://yatebts.com/yateucn.php

Once you understand your needs you can use the order form from:
http://www.yate.ro/quotation.php
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:30:07 AM by Monica Tepelus »

MCSI

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 10:47:21 PM »
Thanks and sorry for replying late. If I get this straight to have a functional network that can be used by the public you need SatSite as your base station tower where public will connect to and you also need the YateUCN for data processing record keeping/tracking/ locating users. Am I right?

So we can have one YateUCN and have as many SateSites as the coverage we need to provide, am I right with this as well?

Coming to roaming part now, what information I need for that company we will be using its network in all urban areas where they have coverage? What I mean here is that in my country there are no more spectrum license is offered they said its full now so the best way for us to operate is to contact one of the companies that has towers in urban areas and use it to provide our service but I'm sure for our systems to connect properly there's something need to be done from their side on as well as our side so that these two networks can share data.

The question is what do we need to know from our side and what do we need to know from their side?

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 01:25:04 AM »
This sound more like a MVNO solution instead of extending a network. See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator

MCSI

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 01:07:31 AM »
Yes that can also work, but what I thought to do was that because in rural areas (remote island) here the spectrum licensing is still available so my idea was that we will have our core network that side and plant base stations in all remote island so that those communities will have sufficient network coverage and to those in urban areas they will access our services through one of the network operator that has sufficient coverage in urban areas, we plan to have some sort of deal with one of these companies so that our customers can use these companies infrastructures.

Does Yate support MVNO? If so what do we have to purchase from Yate?