Author Topic: (Self) Registerless Account?  (Read 10811 times)

bs27975

• View Profile
(Self) Registerless Account?
« on: January 16, 2013, 05:11:38 PM »
kubuntu 12.04, yate-qt4 (client) from repository - 2.2.0-1~dfsg-1.1ubuntu2

Testing yate client I am able to successfully call another client within the house - sip:<computername>@<computeripaddress>.

What settings do I need within yate client for an account to have it listen for direct incoming calls (port 5060?) so that that computer can call me / have yate detect an incoming call so I can pick it up?

TIA

vankooch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: (Self) Registerless Account?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:27:20 PM »
Hi,

please use a more recent version of yate, version 2.2 is outdated, current stable is 4.3.
You can add a ppa like: https://launchpad.net/~sico/+archive/yate/
or build from source on your own.

bs27975

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 07:10:05 AM »
Fair enough, and thank you, but ...

Are you saying that out of the box yate (later version) will accept a direct sip call (it opens port 5060), without further configuration or setting change?

Or, what has to be done?

(If I have missed something in the documentation, and this is documented somewhere, my apologies - and I'd sure appreciate a link.)

TIA

asymetrixs

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 07:52:11 AM »
Hi,

you are using yate-client. Yate-Client is a voip client that connects to a server. You can make outgoing calls with it and receive calls, BUT there is no way to send a call directly to the client. You need the client to be connected to a voip server. Then when you want to receive calls on your client, you have another client (or script in the server) that calls the first client.

Seems like you are trying to send a call from nowhere directly to your client, that would not work.

So please specify in detail what you are trying to achieve.

bs27975

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 07:20:48 PM »
I have fired up yate on two different internal (windows, now) computers. [Therefore, yate-4.3.0-1-setup.exe.]

I am expecting the clients to be able to call each other using their ip addresses. (Testing things out - more hardware / audio than anything else.) Via sip:<name>@<ipaddress>. e.g.  hostname@<internalipaddress>.

(On the same internal network that is - firewalls turned off on both, for the moment. Neither nat nor firewall should be in play for this.)
[Whether in the end this is ultimately useful is a different question, and not what I'm asking. Just getting my internal ducks in a row before going on to the provider.]

Diana Cionoiu

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 01:26:26 PM »
@bs27975 : What you want works exactly how you described. The way to call a sip client directly without a sip server it's by setting up
"Settings-> Options -> Telephony -> Multiple Lines"  to on. Than in the Telephony tab you will have an option for Protocol or Account. Pick the protocol SIP and dial to sip:user@ip. The user for the other YateClient it's irrelevant.

Have fun.

bs27975

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 01:31:01 PM »
Perfect. Thanks so much.

Wouldn't have thought to look at multiple lines, without your note.

One thing to add to your instructions: Click on Yate and Advanced Mode (so that you see the green check mark).

Otherwise you only see the Account drop down, not the additional Protocol drop down you describe.

All works fine now, initiating / ending wise, including the old version on Linux as originally posted.

Thanks again.

Diana Cionoiu

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 10:30:53 AM »
When we've designed that, we did think about that and we've hopped advanced users will click Advanced or they will go at http://yateclient.yate.ro/index.php/UserGuide/CallingwithSIP

There is an explanation about that at the end of the page.