Author Topic: Can't get even the simplest of configurations to work.  (Read 3248 times)

JulianB

• View Profile
Can't get even the simplest of configurations to work.
« on: January 02, 2020, 04:40:13 AM »
Happy New Year everyone.

I have many years of putting communications stuff on Linux boxes and want to tray Yate in conjunction with a few SIP Softphones. Installed Yate 6.1 on openSUSE and all went well. Set up three accounts: home1, home2 and julian exactly as it says in the getting started guide by editing regfile.conf.

://docs.yate.ro/wiki/Beginners_in_Yate#SIP_Configuration

I have three different Softphones (MicroSIP & Phoner on PC and an App on an iPad). All phones register fine but and can dial 99991003 etc. and get a response. But trying to call between phones is not working. Typically I get errors saying it can't find a route but some combinations do appear to work.

I feel like a complete armature here, am I missing something? Is there a basic guide a bit more detail?

Thanks.

JulianB

• View Profile
Re: Can't get even the simplest of configurations to work.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 05:32:32 AM »
OK, quick update. Now out twinkle on a linux box and it appears that I am actually having issues with my Softphones on my Windows 10 PC. Anyone know of a good one that works or of any issues with Windows 10 hosting a softphone?

Thanks.

cc08

• View Profile
Re: Can't get even the simplest of configurations to work.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 08:10:33 AM »
Not enough information.