Author Topic: YateBTS - Getting subscribers  (Read 6752 times)

Shadow221

• View Profile
YateBTS - Getting subscribers
« on: May 12, 2016, 10:21:03 AM »
I am using a bladeRF x40, a RPI 3 (with Jessie Lite), and YateBTS.

I am not getting any subscribers, and am trying to get every phone in my area to connect to my GSM station.

My settings:

BTS Configuration:
GSM =
Radio.Band=900
Radio.C0=75
Identity.MCC=001
Identity.MNC=01
Radio.PowerManager.MaxAttenDB=35
Radio.PowerManager.MinAttenDB=35

GPRS=
GGSN
Firewall Enable=no firewall
Ip.MaxPacketSize=1520
IP.ReuseTimeout=180
MS.IP.Base=192.168.1.20
MS.IP.MaxCount=5

For Subscribers:
Regexp* = .* 
(Do I need to set this to something different? I thought this will allow any phone to connect)

I've tried changing the MCC and MNC to different ones using this list = http://www.mcc-mnc.com/
But I don't know really which one's to use. So if someone could also explain the differences that would be helpful.

Any help with what configurations I need to change in order to get all phones to connect would be a HUGE help.
I was told to change the LAC but I don't see where that is, or don't know what I should change it to.
Finally do I always have to enter in: root@raspberry:/# yate -s
to start everything or is there a way to auto connect, and then if I want to exit out how do I do that. I get:
Release 5.0.1 formal build date Apr 22 2016 rev
Starting MBTS...
Yate engine is initialized and starting up on GhostBTS
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
MBTS ready

but then I'm not able to exit out or doing anything. And it appears everything is working. Again any suggestions or advice would be great help.

Diana Cionoiu

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: YateBTS - Getting subscribers
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 04:00:05 AM »
If you run a BTS for testing you have to do it in such a way that you won't disturb others.
To get all the phones in the area to connect to your BTS is ilegal since you don't own the spectrum license and you interfere with the service.