Author Topic: GSM Identity Shortname  (Read 8123 times)

Tom

• View Profile
GSM Identity Shortname
« on: October 30, 2016, 02:37:22 PM »
Hello everyone,  I am interested in setting up some GSM BTS stuff for a project I am working on.  I tried 2 years ago with OpenBSC but ended up wasting 800 dollars in ip.access NanoBTS equipment because it did not work since whenever a MS connected to it it would throw a "Segmentation Fault".  This time I want to try the alternative, and because OpenBTS has not gotten an update in years I think development has moved on to YateBTS.

However because I live in Greece and it has been difficult to acquire the GSM license there are several limitations and one of those is I need to use a specific Shortnames for the network to distinguish it from the other operator's networks (in addition to having different MCC MNC and of course a free ARFCN!).  However I have been a little worried since I read somewhere that changing the GSM.Identity.Shortname does not work in YateBTS even if it works in OpenBTS.  Can someone with a working system confirm this in the Public Release?  I don't want to spend another 420$ on BladeRF equipment and not be able to use it because of legal issues.

Tom

• View Profile
Re: GSM Identity Shortname
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 03:26:02 PM »
I knew that it was not possible to transmit the name when listing networks however will Identity.Shortname work after the first LUR in Yate?

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 01:36:04 PM »
Can someone fix this, its a pretty crucial part?

George

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 11:48:10 AM »
Hi strcpy,

would you be able to share this information? I too would like to access this capability.

Thank you

ololol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 07:00:49 AM »
I need info about adding a messages ShortName and time-of-day to YateBTS( as this is in OpenBTS) :
Code: [Select]
// Send the "short name" and time-of-day.
string shortName = gConfig.getStr("GSM.Identity.ShortName");
if (ludata()->isInitialAttach() && shortName.size()) {
channel()->l3sendm(L3MMInformation(shortName.c_str()));
}

kpz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 05:01:57 PM »
Any help i can do on this topic? ive been searching through old yateBTS code to try and find the old transmit code, but im too lost. willing to help though. Any updates?