Author Topic: Problem running YateBTS with baldeRFx40  (Read 4186 times)

herman1199

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Problem running YateBTS with baldeRFx40
« on: December 14, 2016, 09:58:14 AM »
Looking for suggestions for a problem I'm having running YateBTS with bladeRFx40.
Installed yate and yateBTS from here:  http://wiki.yatebts.com/index.php/Main_Page and the prerequisite and installation guide. All seemed to run clean.

I can see the bladerf and interrogate the f/w through: bladeRF-cli -i info & version
    (note: fpga version was 0.6.0 from the factory, yate downgraded it to 0.1.2, I upgraded it again - neither worked)
I can run yate with: yate -vvvvv -l /var/log/yate
I can run the mbts/nib command line tool with: telnet localhost 5038

I have 2 phones with sims of which I am confident certainly 1 is unlocked, however I do not see a yate or any other non-commercial network when I search on either phone or sim. I see all the standard UK networks so I know the phones are good.

In the log I see failures on set rx frequency, setpower, but they seem to be marked as WARN not critical????
I have a missing /usr/local/etc/yate/jabberentitycaps.xml but again that is marked as NOTE not critical failure

I'm on a fresh ubuntu 14.04 install, bladerf is on a usb2 port.
Outputs below, log attached
I've set Band/C0 = 900/50 (and I've tried 1800 too)
I've set Country code

Any help with next steps really appreciated.

=============
bladeRF> info
  Serial #:                 90df889f48fc37290a54722b22f2e06a
  VCTCXO DAC calibration:   0x9322
  FPGA size:                40 KLE
  FPGA loaded:              yes
  USB bus:                  1
  USB address:              13
  USB speed:                Hi-Speed
  Backend:                  libusb
  Instance:                 0
bladeRF> version
  bladeRF-cli version:        1.4.0-2016.06-1-ppatrusty
  libbladeRF version:         1.7.2-2016.06-1-ppatrusty
  Firmware version:           1.9.1
  FPGA version:               0.6.0
------------------------------------------

$ telnet localhost 5038
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
YATE 5.5.1-devel1 r6155 (http://YATE.null.ro) ready on test-pro-sys-tst.
mbts version
release 5.0.1 built Dec 14 2016 rev598

mbts sysinfo
RR System Information Type 1 cellChannelDescription=() RACHControlParameters=(maxRetrans=1 txInteger=14 cellBarAccess=0 RE=1 AC=0x400)
RR System Information Type 2 BCCHFrequencyList=(EXT-IND=0 BA-IND=0  ARFCNs=(50 )) NCCPermitted=(0x1) RACHControlParameters=(maxRetrans=1 txInteger=14 cellBarAccess=0 RE=1 AC=0x400)
RR System Information Type 3 LAI=(MCC=044 MNC=01 LAC=0x3e8) CI=10 controlChannelDescription=(ATT=1 BS_AG_BLKS_RES=2 CCCH_CONF=1 BS_PA_MFRMS=0 T3212=4) cellOptions=(PWRC=0 DTX=2 RADIO_LINK_TIMEOUT=15) cellSelectionParameters=(CELL-RESELECT-HYSTERESIS=3 MS-TXPWR-MAX-CCH=0 ACS=0 NECI=1 RXLEV-ACCESS-MIN=0) RACHControlParameters=(maxRetrans=1 txInteger=14 cellBarAccess=0 RE=1 AC=0x400) SI3RO=( RA_COLOUR=0)
RR System Information Type 4 LAI=(MCC=044 MNC=01 LAC=0x3e8) cellSelectionParameters=(CELL-RESELECT-HYSTERESIS=3 MS-TXPWR-MAX-CCH=0 ACS=0 NECI=1 RXLEV-ACCESS-MIN=0) RACHControlParameters=(maxRetrans=1 txInteger=14 cellBarAccess=0 RE=1 AC=0x400)GPRS enabled; RA_COLOUR=(0)
RR System Information Type 5 BCCHFrequencyList=(EXT-IND=0 BA-IND=0  ARFCNs=(50 ))
RR System Information Type 6 CI=10 LAI=(MCC=044 MNC=01 LAC=0x3e8) cellOptions=(PWRC=0 DTX=2 RADIO_LINK_TIMEOUT=15) NCCPermitted=(0x1)

herman1199

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Problem running YateBTS with baldeRFx40
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 09:15:06 AM »
Think I've solved this.  The FPGA 0.6.0 seems to be incompatible with fw 1.9.1 so I downgraded to 0.1.2.
I can now see the network (04401) and have connected 2 phones using a regexp in subscribers.conf