Author Topic: About mini cell network  (Read 5778 times)

psilvao

• View Profile
About mini cell network
« on: May 28, 2018, 11:18:26 AM »
Hello, I want to do a small project for a cellular network using 1 yatesbts + 1 BladeRF + 1 Sip Server for incoming and outgoing calls

For this and given that I am new to the use of yatesbts, I would like it in a rural area where there is no other company, to get the cell phones that are on, I understand that using the regular expression .* This is achieved, but as I'm going outgoing call to the SIP server ?, and the same for an incoming call to the cell phone that hooks up with the yatesbts station?

What happens, if I now for the project i use 2 stations yatesbts + 2 BladeRF + 1 Sip Server and the person walks with his cell phone and gets stuck from the first station yatesbts to the second station yatesbts, the call is lost?

Thanks in advance
Pablo

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: About mini cell network
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 03:34:36 AM »
Yes, the call is lost. The feature that does this is called handover (moving one call from one bts to another) but you would need a YateUCN for this to work.

psilvao

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 09:42:41 AM »
Thanks Monica, about the other questions, it's possible for example using a SIP Server as Asterisk, Freeswitch for incomming and outgoing calls?

Thanks in advance
Pablo

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 02:38:07 AM »
I did not understand the question. YateBTS has a SIP server (the one from Yate) already there. If you set Outbound connection then all calls that can't be routed inside (to registered IMSIs) will be routed to this Outbound connection. This is set in accfile.conf in section [outbound].

[outbound]
protocol=sip
username=091
server=192.168.10.1
password=f56543
ip_transport=UDP
enabled=yes

psilvao

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 08:00:21 AM »
Hi again

I'm sorry if I was not clear enough in my query, although YatesBTS has a SIP server which can be enabled or not, in my question it pointed out if another SIP server could be used, such as asterisk, freeswitch to name a few.

If the answer is yes, how do I do the routing or mapping between a subscriber of YatesBTS and the external server, since for YatesBTS the subscriber will have an extension X, which I imagine should be mapped to the external SIP server, in order to generate the call to a PSTN.

If the answer is No !, and the SIP Server of YatesBTS should be used in a mandatory way, how is it controlled that some and not all subscribers can make outgoing calls to a PSTN network?

Thanks in advance
Pablo

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 05:43:18 AM »
You can do both scenarios.
The SIP server is installed by default when installing YateBTS. It will be used to route calls to the outside (outbound connection).
It's your choice what you want the "outside" to be:
* It can actually be PSTN connection (SIP gateway on the other side), and then you would have to modify the routing to enforce this. You can do this by modifying the nipc.js script or by some other module/script that chaches the call.route/call.execute message.
* or you can define the outside as your other sip server. In [outbound] you define a sip connection to it and all calls that can't be routed internally will be sent to that sip server