Author Topic: yateBTS network operator name of 712712  (Read 6815 times)

kpz

• View Profile
yateBTS network operator name of 712712
« on: June 18, 2018, 03:31:27 PM »
I setup yatebts NiPC, all is up and running. The only thing i cant seem to change is the Network Operator name. Even when changing the MCC and MNC in the ybts.conf file, that changes the name of the BTS that is transmitted to my phone in the "search for networks" settings menu. My BTS pops up as "320201" for a network operator, but once i register to it and bring the information up in a cell network app, The name of the network is "712712 costarica" which makes sense becuase for the 712 mcc, but no where in the code did I set that value to 712. I have NO idea where it is coming from or originating. This even happens right out of the box with the NiPC default settings. Ive tried looking through nibc.js and subcribers.conf but found nothing. Any help is appreciated.

UPDATE:
If anyone was having the same problem i just disabled GPRS in the ybts.conf file. That seemed to fix the problem and it is now transmitting the correct MCC and MNC as the network operator.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 11:49:13 AM by kpz »

kpz

• View Profile
Re: yateBTS network operator name of 712712 - SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 11:47:55 AM »
This is still a problem when GPRS is enabled? admin help please? possibly? you even on here? jeez....jeesus chriszt...

kpz

• View Profile
Re: yateBTS network operator name of 712712
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 12:04:11 PM »
Wheres Monica on this one.....lol

goodboytower

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 01:13:49 PM »
I may not be much help, but the one thing I do know is that when you telnet localhost 5038 and run "status engine" you can view where yate is pulling your config files from. That may point you in the right direction if you're wondering what directories Yate is pulling its files from.
If you're reading my troubleshooting posts, just know that: I got it to work! I'm calling it "GoodBTS", here's a Github guide that you can find here! I hope to make it a thorough guide and keep it active for you!

marian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 08:08:24 AM »
Bug fixed: it was related to wrong handling MCC/MNC in GPRS AttachAccept

kpz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 04:39:12 AM »
Great to hear this bug is fixed, it was literally driving me nuts at that time.

goodboy, I appreciate that help and will check it out when I dive back into it at somepoint just for sh!ts and giggles, thank you.