Author Topic: [SOLVED] sgsn / ggsn issues  (Read 49 times)

yateuser

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] sgsn / ggsn issues
« on: August 03, 2018, 09:30:55 AM »
update: This has been solved. See my last message below

I've been having some issues with the ggsn when running in nipc mode.

When the GGSN doesn't work, i.e. when it can't create the link; then 2G works OK.  Mobile can register and place calls
When It does come up, them the mobile doesn't stay registered and I get the following errors:


Code: [Select]
2018-08-02_17:48:59.183891 <ybts-mm:ALL> UE (0x74f015a8) IMSI set to 114096659 on conn=1 [0x1da8ba0]
2018-08-02_17:48:59.655312 <ybts:ALL> Started location updating thread for (0x74f015a8) TMSI= IMSI=114096659 [0x74f00d20]
2018-08-02_17:48:59.656394 <nipc:INFO> Got user.register for imsi='114096659', tmsi=''
2018-08-02_17:48:59.657489 <nipc:INFO> Allocated random number
2018-08-02_17:48:59.663835 <nipc:INFO> Registered imsi 114096659 with number 494096659
2018-08-02_17:48:59.664217 <ybts:ALL> Location updating thread for (0x74f015a8) TMSI= IMSI=114096659 terminated [0x74f00d20]
2018-08-02_17:48:59.664365 <ybts-mm:ALL> UE (0x74f015a8) registered TMSI '' -> '007b0001', IMSI '114096659' -> '262022114096659' conn=1 [0x1da8ba0]
2018-08-02_17:48:59.664428 <ybts-mm:ALL> UE (0x74f015a8) TMSI=007b0001 IMSI=114096659 register succeeded [0x1da8ba0]
018-08-02_17:49:01.245268 <ybts-signalling:ALL> Added GPRS connection (0x74f00c48,8193) [0x1da8938]
2018-08-02_17:49:01.245370 <ybts/ps/1:ALL> Created ConnID=8193 [0x74f05e48]
2018-08-02_17:49:01.248343 <javascript:NOTE> Channel 'ybts/ps/1' already assisted!
2018-08-02_17:49:01.250066 <INFO> Could not route gprs to 'sgsn' in context 'default', wasted 582 usec
2018-08-02_17:49:01.250271 <ybts/ps/1:MILD> Call rejected error='noroute' reason='No route to call target' [0x74f05e48]
2018-08-02_17:49:01.250349 <ybts/ps/1:INFO> Connection continuing locally in mbts

I've been searching for docs on how this routing takes place, but have not found any.

I'm running the current SVN versions of yate and yatebts and using a BladeRF x40
  bladeRF-cli version:        1.5.1-git-821f8794
  libbladeRF version:         1.9.0-git-821f8794

  Firmware version:           1.8.0
  FPGA version:               0.7.1

Thanks in advance for your help

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 08:22:54 AM by yateuser »

yateuser

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: sgsn / ggsn issues
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 09:56:00 AM »
Here is a paste of my rawconfig

https://pastebin.com/Gpiu9qDY

I'm working with the trunk versions of the code taken from SVN.
My test device is a Google Nexus 5x

I'm using a bladeRF x40
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:57:47 AM by yateuser »

yateuser

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
[Solved] sgsn / ggsn issues
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 08:22:11 AM »
OK.. I got this working.

The issue was actually my NAT / Routing on the rpi.  The iptables configuration on the Wiki https://wiki.yatebts.com/index.php/Using_GPRS_with_Local_breakout_in_YateBTS are wrong.
Once I fixed them to this
Code: [Select]
sudo iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o wlan0 -j MASQUERADE
It started magically working

The error message that sent me on a witch hunt should just be ignored and the border case addressed in the code.

Thanks davidb00 for your help. I did learn a lot on how yates + yatebts work in the process, but I'm happy it works now.