Author Topic: Problems MCC, MNC.  (Read 6195 times)

Vinsmoke Sanji

• View Profile
Problems MCC, MNC.
« on: September 06, 2018, 08:00:44 PM »
I'm doing one experiment, I installed Network Cell Info Lite on my android phone, from Network Cell Info Lite I got the MCC, MNC, LAC, CID information that my phone is using from the real network. Then I fill them in YateBTS, for example when I enter MCC = 255(Ukraine) , MNC = 06(Life), then I can not see my YateBTS network name, only when I edit the MNC into something other than 06 (for example 006), then I will see my network name is 255006. What is the problem I encountered here? (do I use free YateBTS or authentication mechanism on the real phone network?)

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problems MCC, MNC.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 04:18:48 AM »
Hi. Setting the network name is only available in the commercial version of YateBTS.

Vinsmoke Sanji

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 06:49:13 PM »
Can I buy separately or need to come with the product? And what is the price?

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 02:43:29 AM »
You can use the contact form or the chat feature on yatebts.com and talk to sales directly.

spina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 04:52:43 AM »
Hi.

I'm not sure the OP was asking for a way to set the /network name/ as a string, the way it was,at some point in time, possible via the Identity.ShortName configuration key first introduced in OpenBTS, and that was later on removed from the opensource source tree of YateBTS (and probably kept in the commercial tree).
But if it actually was your question, I don't think it would be that difficult to get this feature back: digging into the OpenBTS/YateBTS SVN/git repositories history should provide you with enough material to get started.

Though, I think this does not answer your question. My 2 cents are that you configure YateBTS for an existing/legit PLMN (255 for your country, and 06 for the Life network): in that case, your phone will basically identify /your network/ to the /legit network/, and display that accordingly. Then, when you configure YateBTS with a different /non existing/ MNC, like 006, you create a /new/ network, and your phone will display it.
BTW, for testing purpose, it's recommended that you configure your BTS with the well-known test PLMN, MCC=001, MNC=01.

Kind regards,
spina.

kpz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 12:00:51 PM »
This Monica chick/man really chooses what he/she replies too, i think most of her/his help responses are telling people they need to buy a product that is already shady to begin with lol.