Author Topic: Building YateBTS on OS X  (Read 3139 times)

spina

• View Profile
Building YateBTS on OS X
« on: September 19, 2018, 06:02:53 AM »
I would like to build and run YateBTS on OS X, basically because I can't achieve any kind of stability with my Linux laptop regarding USB3 transport and/or power management (neither bladerf nor Yate's fault, it's my hardware), and that I can put hands on an old MacBook Air.

It seems that Yate itself (the engine, message bus, main modules, SIP proxy, etc) should build/run fine, as I've seen that YateClient is available for OS X, and it does require Yate services to run.

My concern is the YateBTS part.
Let's try with the Linux source tree. AFAIK, its few requirements are tools and libraries I could install on OS X, including the full GNU toolchain, but:
- there may be Linux oddities in the Makefiles (about filesystem layout and/or file paths, environment variables, library names, whatever)
- source code may rely upon Linux specific (non POSIX) syscalls, that OS X will obviously not implement

Or should I try the the FreeBSD source tree, which is presumably closer to OS X ?
That would be far from my comfort zone, though, since I'm a true newbie when pushed to OS X / FreeBSD.

Has anyone already tried to build/run YateBTS on OS X ? Getting started with which source tree ?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion.

Kind regards,
spina.