Author Topic: Does Yatebts have a database which records GSM Tapping messages ?  (Read 8145 times)

rod5413

• View Profile
Hi,

I was looking for a database within Yatebts, that contained basic GSM Tap info (UDP, port 4729)
The sort of recorded information I'm after is; Location update request, Location update rejected, Measurement reports, Identity request, Identity response, IMSI, IMEI and TMSI (if possible).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rod

marian

• View Profile
Re: Does Yatebts have a database which records GSM Tapping messages ?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 01:21:48 AM »
YateBTS don't have a database for GSM messages.

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 01:31:21 AM »
Hello,

IMSI, IMEI, TMSI are stored in tmsidata.conf from yate's configuration file. They are managed by the application layer: nib.js and roaming.js

rod5413

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 06:23:51 PM »
Hi Marian / Monica

Thanks for that, I really appreciate your time and help.

But when I search for the file, its appears that it doesn't exist. After googling the problem, it appears that other people have had the same problem, but I was unable to find a solution.

Also, going through the default install of YateNIB, there is a YBTS tab which has entry field "Datafile" with the entry of "ybtsdata.conf"
It also appears that the file doesn't exist.

Could someone please tell me, what is the difference between these 2 files, and  why they haven't been created?

Rod.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 10:41:48 PM by rod5413 »

Monica Tepelus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 03:00:13 AM »
Hi,

ybtsdata.conf was for releases 1to 3. From release 4 this information is kept in tmsidata.conf. If you have a previous release you will find ybtsdata.conf as well and the new tmsidata,conf after moving to the latest release. The old file is not deleted automatically but it's not used anymore.

david.burgess

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 07:50:16 PM »
There is no database, but capturing the UDP with tcpump and then parsing with Wireshark works well and will give everything you are asking about.