Author Topic: GPRS Networking Basics GGSN  (Read 7384 times)

zane93

• View Profile
GPRS Networking Basics GGSN
« on: September 05, 2014, 03:19:09 AM »
Will someone give me the basics on how GPRS networking works from the yatebts prospective please. I have read over the GPRS troubleshooting http://wiki.yatebts.com/index.php/GPRS_Troubleshooting

Running Ubuntu 14.04 built yate and yate bts from svn

My local network subnet is 192.168.99.0/24. Does this conflict with the default MS.IP.Base? Should the MS.IP.Base be set to a different subset all together and set MS.IP.Route to 192.168.99.1 my default local route?

My clients will get an ip from the BTS but the dns and gateway are never set on the phone (tried different phones android, windows phone, nokia). I have tried setting values statically in the config file but that does not work either. The phones show that the GPRS connection is up. I have set an APN. Firewall.Enable is off. Voice and SMS are working fine. Maybe the issues is with the sgsntun. What is the best log file for troubleshooting this issues?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:21:07 AM by zane93 »

paulc

• View Profile
Re: GPRS Networking Basics GGSN
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 06:44:52 AM »
The easiest way is to change the MS.IP.Base to a different subnet than your LAN and set up a NAT for the mobile phones to access the Internet.

For DNS check if your /etc/resolv.conf is populated correctly.

zane93

• View Profile
Re: GPRS Networking Basics GGSN
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 08:25:21 AM »
The easiest way is to change the MS.IP.Base to a different subnet than your LAN and set up a NAT for the mobile phones to access the Internet.

For DNS check if your /etc/resolv.conf is populated correctly.

Hi Paulc.

When you say add a NAT for the mobile are you referring to add a nat to iptables on my BTS dev box? Seem like I'm somehow making this more difficult than it is....   ???

Dev box locaip 192.168.99.x/24 gateway 192.168.99.1
setting MSIPBase to 192.168.98.1