Author Topic: Single Computer, multiple BTS and BladeRF  (Read 6431 times)

commeng7

• View Profile
Single Computer, multiple BTS and BladeRF
« on: July 25, 2016, 01:35:19 PM »
I'm working on a project with a single computer that has multiple copies of yate (in separate Linux containers) and multiple bladeRFs attached.  My question is where in the code can I differential between the bladeRFs so that each instance of yate connects to a separate Radio and there is no interference?

marian

• View Profile
Re: Single Computer, multiple BTS and BladeRF
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 12:52:47 AM »
Unfortunately there is no support to open a specific device.

psilvao

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 07:44:35 AM »
I'm working on a project with a single computer that has multiple copies of yate (in separate Linux containers) and multiple bladeRFs attached.  My question is where in the code can I differential between the bladeRFs so that each instance of yate connects to a separate Radio and there is no interference?

Interesting your query, you indicate that there is no interference, that points to an interference of emission and reception by bladerf?

If so, you must make a coverage map, to know how far the coverage of emission and reception of bladerf arrives, a spectrum analyzer could help you, they are not cheap devices but it is the most accurate, or maybe you do the tests in a more craft with a phone + software and evaluate its coverage.

Greetings,
Pablo

Ps: are you using LXC or Docker?

marian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 08:59:12 AM »
Update:
Meanwhile support for opening a specific device was added in ybladerf.conf:
[general]
serial=BOARD_SERIAL_NUMBER