Author Topic: buzz  (Read 9856 times)

Lawquest

• View Profile
buzz
« on: September 29, 2013, 10:27:54 AM »
I am going to have to replace my office phone system soon.  20 phones.  About 10 -12 different incoming phone numbers.  So I have been trying out yate now for several months on my linux computer.  Yate is very good.  However, a few callees complain about a buzz when I call them with yate, so I have to use the land line when calling them.  My call to them is on their land line.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the buzz?

vankooch

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: buzz
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 06:55:58 AM »
As I'm not a wizard you should post some more informations, logs or traces...

Diana Cionoiu

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 09:00:42 AM »
Hello,

This is a bug in Yate and we will fix it as soon as we can find it. Is a big priority for Yate team.

It will help us greatly if you can describe your system. Do you use PAX or FreeSentral?

Thank you,
Diana Cionoiu

cc08

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 08:17:53 AM »
Do you use PAX or FreeSentral?

PAX ?
What is it?

Diana Cionoiu

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 08:40:45 AM »
PAX = PBX - was a typo.

cc08

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 04:25:51 AM »
Good.

Diana,
I thought I missed something interesting :)
You give a information is not enough.
For example OpenHSS...
Except for one line in the news, I did not find anything else.
Personally, I very interested in what you do.
Please keep us up to date.

Regards!

paulc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 09:19:10 AM »
I am going to have to replace my office phone system soon.  20 phones.  About 10 -12 different incoming phone numbers.  So I have been trying out yate now for several months on my linux computer.  Yate is very good.  However, a few callees complain about a buzz when I call them with yate, so I have to use the land line when calling them.  My call to them is on their land line.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the buzz?

Is there a rule you can figure out?

Do you have more than one outbound route? Does the buzz happen only on a single route?

Lawquest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 01:13:36 AM »
I have been following this thread but fear I don't know enough about sip and all that to make a helpful response.  As reference to the below linux section shows, my relationship with yate is strong though occasionally unsatisfactory.  Lately it has been working well, for the most part (no buzz), but I still occasionally get a voice-quality complaint and I'm not sure why the buzz went away or whether it might come back..  As I learn more about yate and how to use it, voice quality complaints are getting less common.  I particularly love the address function on yate and its convenience.  Have not tried the video feature and not real sure yate even has one.

BTW, I did get a new office phone system but didn't go voip as I still haven't worked out enough of the voip bugs. As many folks use our phone system, I decided that reliability trumped expense.  But I still use yate whenever I can for any sort of long-distance calls and will use it more often when I figure out how to use the conference feature.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:50:00 AM by Lawquest »